The DaisyCares Veterinary Care program has a limited monthly grant capacity and is subject to availability of funds.
You must be a resident of Bexar County, Texas (or surrounding counties), and satisfy one of the following three criteria:
- You or your family qualify as low income (please see the chart below);
- You are unemployed and/or receiving government assistance;
- You are residing at a homeless shelter or referred to DaisyCares by a homeless shelter; or
- Your Veterinarian has sent an email or letter to DaisyCares describing the pet owner’s financial hardship, including third party documentation or other supporting evidence.
The financial requirements set forth above may be satisfied by the applicant providing a copy of any of the following information to DaisyCares: a copy of your latest check stub; a copy of your current unemployment benefits; a copy of your latest tax return; a copy of your latest bank statement; a copy of any SSI benefits; a copy of an unemployment benefit letter; a copy of your latest W-2 or 1099 from a current employer; or any other reasonable supporting evidence of financial inability on a case by case basis.
2015 Poverty Guidelines for the 48 Contiguous States
[table id=1 /]
YOU DO NOT QUALIFY for financial aid from DaisyCares if any of the following apply:
- Your pet has already been treated and you have an outstanding bill you’d like help in paying;
- You are seeking reimbursement for amounts that you have already incurred or paid for veterinary care;
- Your Veterinarian has agreed to a payment plan that you can afford to pay;
- Your pet does not have a reasonable chance for survival with a good quality of life for at least approximately one year following treatment as determined by the diagnosing vet;
- You have not applied for Care Credit (or, if you have applied, you have not received a rejection from Care Credit);
- You have applied for Care Credit and been approved;
- You could have your pet treated and pay the bill but it would place a financial burden on you;
- You have received financial aid from DaisyCares in the past; or
- You are requesting financial aid for elective surgery. Elective surgery is defined as: surgery that is not essential, especially surgery that is not required for survival. An example would be age related cataracts.
WE DO NOT COVER the following procedure:
- Exploratory procedures (x-rays, blood work, etc.)
- Routine testing (heart worm, etc.)
- Dental care
- Spay/Neuter services
- Flea & Tick treatment
DaisyCares ONLY covers treatment plans that are being recommended by your Veterinarian and documentation is required.
- STEP 1: Complete our Apply for Assistance survey online.
- STEP 2: The Grant Review Committee votes. The Grant Review Committee is comprised of 3 Board Members each casting 1 vote. A unanimous vote is required to “approve” a case. One vote against, generates a “denial”.
- STEP 3: A Letter of Commitment or Letter of Denial is generated on DaisyCares’ letterhead, signed by our Board President and delivered via fax or email to you (for emergencies) and via USPS (for cases that are not an emergency). If you do not provide DaisyCares with a fax or email address, the Letter of Commitment or Letter of Denial will be delivered to you via USPS (even for emergency cases).
Please be advised that if your application is approved as provided above, DaisyCares ONLY sends funding directly to the treating Veterinarian. In addition, if you are approved by DaisyCares for financial aid as provided above, you must agree to allow DaisyCares to post a picture of your pet along with his/her biography as one of our success stories on the DaisyCares website.
If you require spay or neuter services, you may qualify for free or reduced services through any of DaisyCares’ partners.
SpaySA – DaisyCares is proud to partner with SpaySA!!! For more information, visit their website at www.spaysa.org
Animal Care Services – Click this link for information over free spay/neuter services and a list of participating vet clinics.